Sourdough Cheddar Biscuits
Cheddar Chive Biscuits are one of my favorite ways to use up some of my sourdough starter. They are delicious with any soup or served with eggs and bacon as a breakfast sandwich.
This dough should be flakey. You don't want to over work the dough or your biscuits will end up dense and tough.
If for some wild reason you don't have your own sourdough starter, you can substitute a small amount of buttermilk to bring the dough together. I would start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed.
Cheddar Chive Biscuits
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter cold
3/4 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup chopped chives or green onions
1/2 cup sourdough starter
1. Grate butter with a cheese grater.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, gently, and mix until incorporated. You don't want all the ingredients to be completely combined like cookie dough, it should be mixed just until it holds together.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll or pat out dough until 2” thick and level.
4. Cut into squares or with a biscuit cutter. I prefer squares because it’s simple.
5. Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes.
These are such a great addition to any meal. If you bake these up, please tag me in the photo with @traditionallyterra so I can see your creations!